Strossle is a rapidly growing, venture capital backed, digital media company with global leadership ambitions. The company is now looking to further strengthen the development team with the appointment of a VP of Engineering.
Are you a people person that love helping tech teams succeed. As our VP of Engineering you will be responsible for our tech organisation and be the one that help us find solutions so our tech team can continue to grow fast. You will be working closely with the Product team responsible for commercial product requirements (CPO), and technology team responsible for the long term technology strategy and choices/requirements (CTO). You will be reporting to CEO.
As VP Engineering you are responsible for leading and supervising other engineering managers and several tech teams. You implement and track development timelines and negotiate feature sets with the development leads and product teams. You make sure development deadlines are met and that products are delivered according to specifications. You are familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. You rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
At Strossle we believe that a high degree of flexible work offers employees freedom and more creativity, which will bring us the results we’re looking for.
● Run R&D daily process in sync with product management
● Direct and coordinate production, operations, quality assurance and testing
● Make sure teams meet deadlines and product requirements.
● Make sure organisation has resources needed for timely delivery
● Manage the R&D budget
● HR responsibilities for the R&D team
○ Recruit, train and mentor engineers and supporting staff
○ Perform performance reviews, salary discussions and solve internal issues
○ Create events/happenings for the engineers to make sure they have positive spirit
○ Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards
○ Manage vacations, parental leave and other HR related tasks concerning the team
Strossle helps publishers and brands to increase page views, attract new visitors and generate more revenue. At the core is a proprietary platform using algorithms and massive data collection to ensure that the right visitors are exposed to the right content and the right ads in the right context. This is often referred to as Content Discovery.
Strossle’s revenues are primarily generated from Native Advertising, which is the fastest growing ad format today. We have partnered with more than 1,000 publishers in 10 countries. This is only the beginning of a journey that will extend far beyond ad revenues. Our vision is to facilitate a profitable future for all content creators by providing them with the same reach and data as the social platforms have today.
Strossle was founded in 2013 and has 60 employees, of which more than half is in development. In 2015 Strossle acquired Saplo, specialists in automated text analysis and machine learning. The company holds two registered patents.REQUIREMENTS
● Master’s degree in engineering, business or related field
● 10+ years of related experience, with at least five in a senior management role at a fast growing multinational company
● Experience from building large tech teams in with teams in several different countries
● Proven track record of creating high performing (product) teams
● Experience from multiple SW organizations in various phases of maturity
● Recent experience of hands on Engineering management